- 3 ounces skinless, cooked, cubed lean turkey
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 piece fresh spinach or lettuce (about 5 inches square)
- 1 eight-inch Mission Carb Balance tortilla (any flavor)
In a small bowl, combine turkey, mayonnaise, onion, mustard, cranberries, and celery. Lay lettuce leaf on top of tortilla, and spoon filling into center. Fold over one edge covering filling, then continue rolling until wrap is complete. Serve immediately.
Yield: 1 serving. Serving size: 1 wrap.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 306, Carbohydrates: 37 g, Protein: 26 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 60 mg, Sodium: 756 mg, Fiber: 7 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 1/2 carbohydrate, 3 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 2 1/2.
Kathleen Stanley is a Diabetes Educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky. She is coauthor of Quick & Easy Diabetic Recipes for One, published by the American Diabetes Association in 2007.