- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained, rinsed, and drained
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 hard-boiled egg, shelled, yolk discarded
- 4 eight-inch 95% fat free tortillas or wraps, sun-dried tomato flavor (or other)
Combine garbanzo beans, mayonnaise, relish, garlic, lemon juice, black pepper, and hot sauce in a food processor. Blend until consistency is spreadable; it will not be completely smooth. Coarsely chop egg white and combine with spread in a small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup of mixture in a thin layer on top of each wrap. Roll wraps from one edge to the other. Cut in half and serve.
Yield: 4 wraps. Serving size: 1 wrap with 1/4 cup spread.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 270, Carbohydrates: 43 g, Protein: 11 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 3 mg, Sodium: 490 mg, Fiber: 7 g
Exchanges per serving: 3 starch, 1 1/2 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 3.
Kathleen Stanley is a Diabetes Educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky. She is coauthor of Quick & Easy Diabetic Recipes for One, published by the American Diabetes Association in 2007.