- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup peeled, chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) albacore tuna packed in water, drained
Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover, and allow to stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Transfer couscous to a bowl, cover, and chill. Combine vinegar, oil, mustard, parsley, salt, pepper, sugar, and garlic in a large bowl. Blend ingredients using a wire whisk or fork. Add prepared couscous, peppers, cucumber, onion, corn, and tuna, tossing well. Serve chilled.
Yield: 7 servings. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 150, Carbohydrates: 20 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 340 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Angie Sharp, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist at the International Diabetes Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.