- 3 cups tightly packed torn fresh spinach
- 3 cups tightly packed torn Bibb lettuce
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Combine spinach, lettuce, kiwifruit, and onion in large salad bowl; toss gently. Combine lemon juice, orange juice, honey, oil, and pepper in small jar; cover tightly and shake to blend. Drizzle dressing over spinach mixture and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Yield: 9 cups. Serving size: 1 1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 84, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 29 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Nancy Cooper, a Contributing Editor of Diabetes Self-Management. Nancy is a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist at the International Diabetes Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.