- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 small zucchini (approximately 5 inches long), quartered lengthwise and sliced ½ inch thick
- 1/4 cup finely chopped purple onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
In a large bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, cilantro, and salt. Add remaining ingredients and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Toss well before serving.
Yield: 7 1/2 cups. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 190, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 447 mg, Fiber: 5 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.