- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken breast (approximately 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple canned in juice, drained well
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise (not salad dressing style mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 ripe medium mango, peeled, seeded, and diced into bite-size pieces
Combine chicken, pineapple, celery, and walnuts in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, poppy seeds, and pepper. Spoon over chicken mixture and toss gently to coat. Gently toss in mango. Refrigerate until serving time.
Yield: 4 cups. Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 202, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 24 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 219 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 3 very lean meat, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.