- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- 6 ounces tomato juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
Combine all ingredients in blender container. Cover and process until smooth. Cover and chill. To reduce sodium, use no-salt-added tomato juice.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups. Serving size: 2 tablespoons.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 5, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Protein: trace, Fat: trace, Sodium: 55 mg
Exchanges per serving: free.
This recipe was developed by Nancy Cooper, RD, CDE.