- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced zucchini and/or yellow squash
- 1 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 12 small stuffed green olives, quartered
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 2 multigrain pita bread rounds, halved and warmed
- 1 ounce reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and bell peppers; cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and rosemary; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in olives and parsley. Place in medium bowl. Cover to keep warm.
Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and heat over medium heat. Cook egg substitute until set, lifting edges to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath.
Fill each warmed pita half with equal amounts of eggs and half of feta. Top with vegetable mixture and remaining feta.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 filled pita half.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 199, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 12 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 2 mg, Sodium: 554 mg, Fiber: 6 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.