- 1 beef top round steak (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 package (about 6 ounces) medium rice noodles
- Korean-Style Dressing
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 3/4 cups thinly sliced red and/or yellow bell peppers
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Freeze beef until partially firm; cut into very thin slices.
Whisk soy sauce, rice wine, and sugar in large bowl until smooth and well blended. Add beef slices; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Drain beef; discard marinade. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Grill beef 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness.
Place rice noodles in medium bowl. Cover with hot water; let stand 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cut noodles into 3-inch lengths.
Meanwhile, prepare Korean-Style Dressing; set aside.
Combine cabbage, bell peppers, carrot, green onions, and beef in medium bowl. Add Korean-Style Dressing; toss to coat evenly. Serve over noodles.
Yield: 8 servings. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 194, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 13 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 29 mg, Sodium: 668 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.