- 4 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium vegetable broth, warmed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) albacore tuna
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain; set aside.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add celery and bell pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes. Sprinkle flour, thyme, and white pepper over vegetables; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in broth; cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat.
Stir macaroni, tuna, and cottage cheese into skillet until well combined and macaroni is evenly coated. Transfer to prepared dish; sprinkle with paprika.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with dill sprigs.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1/4 of casserole.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 231, Carbohydrates: 30 g, Protein: 15 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Sodium: 369 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 Bread/Starch, 1 1/2 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.