- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped baby arugula
- 1/2 cup quartered red or yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped drained artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup canned cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup low-fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place wire rack on rimmed baking sheet.
Combine lettuce, arugula, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, beans, and remaining chicken in large serving bowl. Serve with dressing.
Combine garlic, basil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Carefully spread half of garlic mixture under skin of each chicken breast. Place chicken on wire rack. Roast 45 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Remove skin; let stand until cool enough to handle. Chop chicken; reserve 1/2 cup for Chicken Caprese Panini or another use.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 2 1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 253, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Protein: 29 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 76 mg, Sodium: 728 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 3 Vegetable, 3 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.