- 2 large spinach leaves, about 8 inches square, washed and dried
- 1 stick (1 ounce) mozzarella string cheese, made with part-skim milk
- 3 sliced red pepper strips, about 1/3 inch thick, 4 inches long
- 3 zucchini strips, about 1/3 inch thick, 4 inches long
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Spicy Chipotle Pepper Sandwich Spread & Dip
Place spinach leaves in the center of a plate or cutting board, one on top of the other. Place string cheese in the center of the spinach. Add pepper and zucchini strips alongside cheese. Using a pastry brush or spoon, evenly spread Chipotle Pepper Sandwich Spread over the top spinach leaf. Fold the right side of the spinach leaves over the cheese and vegetables, then gently roll toward the left until you have made a neat bundle. Refrigerate if not eaten immediately.
Yield: 1 serving. Serving size: 1 wrap.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 106, Carbohydrates: 5 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 15 mg, Sodium: 259 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 vegetable.
This recipe was created by Kathleen Stanley, a diabetes educator at Baptist Health Lexington in Lexington, Kentucky.