- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed 98% fat-free, 30% less sodium cream of mushroom soup (such as Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 1/2 can (5 3/8 ounces) condensed 98% fat-free, 30% less sodium cream of celery soup (such as Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces finely shredded, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
Boil chicken in 2 quarts of water until tender and no longer pink, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow chicken to cool to the touch. Dice chicken into small pieces. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any salt. Drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the two soups, sour cream, milk, and pepper. Stir in mushrooms and diced chicken. Toss in noodles, coating evenly. Spoon into a 9″x13″ baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top evenly with cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 10–15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Portion into 9 equal servings.
Unbaked, this recipe freezes well; it can be divided into 2 smaller baking dishes. Thaw in the refrigerator, then bake. Leftovers reheat well.
Yield: 9 servings. Serving size: 1/9 of recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 274, Carbohydrates: 33 g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Sodium: 366 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 2 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 2 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.