- 2 cups (about 5 ounces) uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup (such as Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- Dash cayenne pepper
Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, add pasta, and cook al dente, about 9&#x#x2013;11 minutes. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, stir together soup, milk, mushrooms, black pepper, garlic powder, chicken, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and heat through. Pour sauce over drained pasta and toss to coat.
Yield: 4 1/2 cups. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 191, Carbohydrates: 32 g, Protein: 9 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 460 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 1 very lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 2 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.