- 3/4 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium chunky salsa, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 1/3 cup canned no-salt-added mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey
- 8 ounces 96% lean ground beef
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray piece of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place foil on broiler pan; set aside.
Mix 1/2 cup tomato sauce, egg whites, 3 tablespoons salsa, and pepper in medium bowl. Stir in oatmeal, onion, mushrooms, and garlic.
Place ground turkey and ground beef in large bowl; mix lightly to combine. Stir in tomato mixture; mix well.
Transfer meat mixture to prepared pan; shape into 4 x 8-inch rectangular loaf. Mix remaining 1/4 cup tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon salsa in small bowl; drizzle on top of meat loaf.
Bake 55 minutes or until cooked through (165°F). Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 220, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 26 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 60 mg, Sodium: 300 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.