- 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8-inch banana, peeled and cut into 20 slices
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- 1 cup honey-nut flavored cream cheese spread (such as Philadelphia Honey Nut Cream Cheese Spread; you can also use Philadelphia Cheesecake Cream Cheese Spread)
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled, cut into 10 slices, and halved
- 20 mandarin orange segments (about 1/2 cup) canned in juice, drained well
- 3/4 cup whole strawberries, cut into 20 slices
- 1/4 cup apricot 100% fruit spread
Portion dough into 20 cookies. Bake according to package directions. Remove to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Place banana slices in a small bowl and toss gently with orange juice until well coated (to prevent browning). Drain and discard juice and set bananas aside. Carefully spread each cooled cookie lightly with cream cheese. On the top of each cookie arrange 1 half-slice of kiwi, 1 banana slice, 1 mandarin orange segment, and 1 strawberry slice; set aside. Place fruit spread in a small saucepan and warm over medium heat. Drizzle melted fruit spread lightly over each pizza. Refrigerate until serving time; serve within 2 hours for best appearance and taste.
Yield: 20 dessert pizzas. Serving size: 1 dessert pizza.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 181, Carbohydrates: 23 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Sodium: 169 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.