- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Whole salted peanuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets or lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
Beat butter in large bowl until creamy. Add banana and peanut butter; beat until smooth. Blend in apple juice concentrate, egg, and vanilla. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chopped peanuts.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets; top each with 1 whole peanut, if desired.
Bake 8 minutes or until set. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in tightly covered container.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies. Serving size: 1 cookie.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 100, Carbohydrates: 9 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 14 mg, Sodium: 88 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1 1/2 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.