- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons strawberry fruit spread
- 3 1/2 cups sliced fresh or thawed frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen fat-free whipped topping
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
Combine flour, milk, egg whites, egg, sugar, cocoa, butter, and salt in large bowl; whisk until smooth and well blended.
Brush small nonstick skillet with 1/4 teaspoon oil; heat over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into center of pan. Immediately pick up pan and swirl to coat with batter. Cook 1 minute or until crêpe is dull on top and edges are dry. Turn and cook 30 seconds. Remove to plate and repeat with remaining oil and batter.
Stir strawberry fruit spread in medium bowl until softened. Add strawberries; toss to coat.
Spoon about 1/4 cup strawberry mixture down center of each crepe; roll up to enclose filling. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped topping. Garnish with mint.
Yield: 8 crêpes. Serving size: 2 filled crêpes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 334, Carbohydrates: 58 g, Protein: 10 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 56 mg, Sodium: 387 mg, Fiber: 5 g
Exchanges per serving: 4 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.