- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split into halves
- 1 small banana (6 inches), cut in half crosswise then lengthwise
- 1 container (6 ounces) nonfat, artificially sweetened piña colada yogurt
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple canned in juice, drained before measuring
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
Toast the English muffin halves. Place each on a serving plate and top each with 2 slices banana, half the yogurt, half the pineapple, and half the strawberries. Serve while English muffins are still warm.
Yield: 2 servings. Serving size: 1 topped English muffin half.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 181, Carbohydrates: 36 g, Protein: 7 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 276 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 skim milk. Carbohydrate choices: 2 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.