- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 12 standard (2 1/2-inch) muffin cups or line with baking cups; set aside.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in large bowl. Beat milk, butter, egg, orange juice concentrate, and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; mix lightly just until moistened (mixture will be lumpy). Stir in blueberries just until berries are evenly distributed.
=Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes (25 to 30 minutes if using frozen berries) or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes in pan; remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 servings. Serving size: 1 muffin.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 149, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 29 mg, Sodium: 307 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.