May 13, 2010 4:33 pm
Post this checklist in your bedroom or bathroom to help you remember daily foot care.
- Check feet for blisters, sores, cuts, swollen areas, or infections. Use a mirror if necessary.
- Wash feet with warm water and mild soap. Dry them completely and sprinkle powder between toes.
- Moisturize tops and bottoms of feet with lotion or petroleum jelly.
- Smooth rough calluses with a pumice stone.
- Check shoes and socks for foreign objects before putting them on.
- Trim toenails, cutting or filing them straight across or following the natural curve of the toe.
- Have feet examined by podiatrist or primary health-care provider.
- Soak feet.
- Get moisturizer between toes.
- Cut the corners of toenails.
- Go barefoot.
- Let feet get too hot or too cold.
Source URL: http://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/managing-diabetes/complications-prevention/caring-for-your-feet/foot-care-checklist/
Copyright ©2015 Diabetes Self-Management unless otherwise noted.