To print: Select File and then Print from your browser's menu
Joslin Celebrates National Nutrition Month
March 9, 2013
March is National Nutrition Month, an information and education campaign sponsored by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics every year to highlight the importance of making good food choices and developing healthful diet and exercise habits. To mark the occasion, world-renowned diabetes clinic Joslin is holding a variety of online campaigns throughout the month.
• Live tweets will be posted to Joslin’s Twitter account from weekly “Ask the RD” sessions. Every Wednesday from 11–12 EST, one of Joslin’s registered dietitians will be on call to answer questions about eating healthy. Tweet your questions to #JosFood.
• Nutrition tips will also be posted daily throughout the month of March to Joslin’s Twitter account.
• Blog entries on the topic of nutrition will be posted to Joslin’s blog page at http://blog.joslin.org/.
• A video series highlighting the benefits of nutrition education, starring some of Joslin’s nutrition education team and testimonials from Joslin patients, will be posted here and here, with a new video going up every Monday in March.
• Interactive food portion quiz questions and a nutrition tips slideshow will be going up periodically throughout the month on Joslin’s Facebook page.
And for more great information about healthful eating, check out our section on nutrition and meal planning.
This blog entry was written by Web Editor Diane Fennell.
Disclaimer of Medical Advice:You understand that the blogs posts and comments to such blog posts (whether posted by us, our agents, bloggers, or by users) do not constitute medical advice or recommendation of any kind and you should not rely on any information contained on such posts or comments to replace consultations with your qualified health care professionals to meet your individual needs. The opinions and other information contained in the blog posts and comments do not reflect the opinions or positions of the Site Proprietor.