To print: Select File and then Print from your browser's menu
Here are some questions and statements that may help you get the information and/or referrals you need at your next doctor visit:
• Are my glucose levels in a healthy range to help prevent future complications?
• Do our medication lists agree with each other?
• This is what I have done for my diabetes since I last saw you.
• What two or three specific things could I work on that will have the most beneficial effect on my diabetes control?
• What lab tests should I have done before my next appointment?
• What annual exams should I schedule now?
• I am feeling overwhelmed by what I think is required to control my glucose levels. Can you help me with this or refer me to someone who can?
• Is my diabetes affecting my heart or kidneys in any way?
• I am interested in seeing a certified diabetes educator to review my skills for injecting insulin.
• I am having trouble planning my meals. I would like to see a nutritionist for help.
• Is there someone on your office staff that can assist me in obtaining resources or lower-cost supplies?
Statements and opinions expressed on this Web site are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the publishers or advertisers. The information provided on this Web site should not be construed as medical instruction. Consult appropriate health-care professionals before taking action based on this information.