Here are some tips to keep you healthy during flu season:
• Talk with your health-care provider about a flu prevention plan.
• Get your annual flu shot as soon as it becomes available.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, and keep hand sanitizer on hand for backup.
• Avoid hand-to-face contact, which can spread bacteria and viruses.
• Follow a healthy diet and perform moderate physical activity to help keep your body strong and resistant to viruses.
• Follow your blood glucose management regimen to maintain a strong immune system.
• Talk to members of your household about getting a flu shot; when they are protected from the flu, they’re less likely to give it to you.