To print: Select File and then Print from your browser's menu
You can continue to take good care of your diabetes as you age by doing the following:
• Talk with your health-care provider about available resources for diabetes self-management education and training for seniors.
• Tell your health-care provider if problems such as difficulty hearing, seeing, or reading are interfering with your ability to understand or carry out your diabetes treatment plan.
• Ask about the cost of medical care, medicines, monitoring supplies, and diabetes education and training, and investigate your resources for paying for them.
• Ask questions, and ask for clarification to make sure you understand what you are hearing from health-care providers.
• Talk to your diabetes care team about any diabetes-related information you find questionable or difficult to understand.
• Ask a trusted family member or friend to accompany you to health-care appointments or diabetes education classes for support — and another set of ears.
Statements and opinions expressed on this Web site are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the publishers or advertisers. The information provided on this Web site should not be construed as medical instruction. Consult appropriate health-care professionals before taking action based on this information.