August 30, 2012 3:52 pm
Stay in the know about diabetes by doing the following:
• Ask your health-care provider about available resources for diabetes education and training.
• Remember that diabetes is lifelong, and become educated about your disease.
• Understand the type of diabetes you have and the self-care behaviors that are necessary for taking care of it.
• Ask about the cost, and investigate your resources for payment when seeking diabetes education services.
• Find out about the diabetes education program and the educators you will be meeting with.
• Ask questions.
• Clarify with your diabetes care team any diabetes-related information you hear or read and find questionable or don’t understand.
Â• Make education an ongoing priority throughout your life.
Source URL: http://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/about-diabetes/diabetes-basics/getting-educated-and-staying-educated/take-away-tips-for-diabetes-education/
Copyright ©2015 Diabetes Self-Management unless otherwise noted.